The social dimension of 1992 : Europe faces a new EC /
|Author / Creator:||Springer, Beverly|
|Imprint:||New York : Greenwood Press, 1992.|
|Description:||xiii, 177 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
|Series:||Contributions in labor studies no. 38|
|Subject:||European Economic Community -- Social policy.|
Social security -- European Economic Community countries.
Labor policy -- European Economic Community countries.
Public welfare -- European Economic Community countries.
International economic integration -- Social aspects.
Europe -- Economic integration -- Social aspects.
Europe -- European Economic Community countries.
|Format:||E-Resource Print Book|
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/1319126|
Table of Contents:
- An Introduction to the European Community
- Its Institutions and Policies The 1992 Initiative
- Its Genesis, Scope, and Purpose Europeans at Work
- The Current Situation in the Member States
- The Social Dimension: Its Relationship to the 1992 Initiative
- The Politics of the Social Dimension What 1992 Means for European Women Industrial Democracy
- The Social Charter and the European Company Statute
- The Overlooked Parts of the Social Dimension
- Health and Safety, Atypical Work, and Social Fund Toward a Single Labor Market
- The Free Movement of Employees
- The Meaning of the Social Dimension for the Future of European Integration