Theatre and adaptation : return, rewrite, repeat /
|Imprint:||London : Bloomsbury Publishing, 2014.|
|Description:||1 online resource (viii, 284 pages)|
ART -- Performance.
ART -- Reference.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/12645066|
Table of Contents:
- 1. 'It's Very Tied to the Content of the Play': Basil Jones, Adrian Kohler, Jane Taylor and Mervyn Millar of Handspring Puppet Company in Conversation with Nadia Davids
- 2. Social and Theatrical Adaptation: Grzegorz Jarzyna in conversation with Paul Allain
- 3. Creating X-Rays of the Text to Dissect the Present: Ivo van Hove of Toneelgroep Amsterdam in Conversation with Peter M. Boenisch
- 4. 'Something New Is Sure To Happen': Daniel Veronese in Conversation with Jean Graham-Jones
- 5. Conservative Adaptation in Japanese Noh Theatre: Udaka Michishige in Conversation with Diego Pellecchia
- 6. On Literality and Limits: Romeo Castellucci of Socìetas Raffaello Sanzio in Conversation with Nicholas Ridout
- 7. The Subtle Aggressors: Julia Bardsley and Simon Vincenzi in Conversation with Dominic Johnson
- 8. Between Radical Adaptation and Strategic Adaptability: Ki Catur 'Benyek' Kuncoro in Conversation with Miguel Escobar
- 9. Beg, Borrow or Steal: Lois Weaver in Conversation with Jen Harvie
- 10. Shakespeare/Two Gents Productions: Denton Chikura, Tonderai Munyevu and Arne Pohlmeier of Two Gents Productions in Conversation with Penelope Woods
- 11. Being Affected: An Interview with Ong Keng Sen of TheatreWorks Singapore in Conversation with William Peterson
- 12. Hello Darkness My Old Friend: Alvis Hermanis in Conversation with Alan Read
- 13. The Novel as 'Obstacle': John Collins of Elevator Repair Service in Conversation with Aoife Monks
- 14. Doing the Impossible: Katie Mitchell in Conversation with Dan Rebellato
- 15. 'There Are No Formulas': Emma Rice of Kneehigh in Conversation with Martin Welton
- 16. 'Expert' Dramaturgies: Helgard Haug of Rimini Protokoll in Conversation with Margherita Laera
- 17. Theatre as an Intellectual Concertina: Simon Stephens in Conversation with Duška Radosavljević.