The futures of dance studies /
|Imprint:||Madison, Wisconsin : The University of Wisconsin Press, |
|Description:||1 online resource|
|Series:||Studies in dance history|
Studies in dance history (Unnumbered)
|Subject:||Dance -- Study and teaching.|
Dance -- Social aspects.
PERFORMING ARTS -- General.
Dance -- Social aspects.
Dance -- Study and teaching.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/12594855|
Table of Contents:
- Kinesthetic Seeing: A Model for Practice-in-Research / Hannah Kosstrin
- King David in the Medieval Archives: Toward an Archaic Future for Dance / Kathryn Dickason
- Dancing Dahomey at the World's Fair: Revising the Archive of African Dance / Joanna Dee Das
- Critical Memory: Arthur Mitchell, Dance Theatre of Harlem, and the Rise of the Invisible Dancers / Gillian Lipton
- Breathing Matters: Breath as Dance Knowledge / Laura Karreman
- Lesbian Echoes in Activism and Writing: Jill Johnston's Interventions / Clare Croft
- Accent, Choreomusicality, and Identity in Rodeo and 'Rode, o / Daniel Callahan
- Flesh Dance: Black Women from Behind / Jasmine Johnson
- Winin' through the Violence: Performing Carib[being]ness at the Brooklyn Carnival / Adanna Kai Jones
- Second Line Choreographies in and beyond New Orleans / Rachel Carrico
- The Dance in the Museum: Grant Hyde Code and the Brooklyn Museum Dance Center / Amanda Jane Graham
- Dancing the Image: Virgilio Sieni's Choreographic Tableaux / Giulia Vittori
- Urban Choreographies: The Politics of Moving Along in Battery Opera's Lives Were Around Me / Alana Gerecke
- Convening Muses and Turning Tables: Reimagining a Danced Politics of Time in Jordan Bennett and Marc Lescarbot / VK Preston
- Les Ballets Jazz and White Mythologies of Blackness in Quebec / Melissa Templeton
- Cuban Modern Dance after Censorship, 1971-74: A Colorful Gray / Elizabeth Schwall
- Tango and Memory on the Contemporary Dance Stage / Victoria Fortuna
- Breaking Point? Flexibility, Pain, and the Calculus of Risk in Neoliberal Multiculturalism / Anusha Kedhar
- Who Makes a Dance? Studying Infrastructure through a Dance Lens / Sarah Wilbur
- The Choreographic Commodity: Assigning and Policing Value for Nite Moves and William Forsythe / Lizzie Leopold
- Walking Backwards: Choreographing the Greek Crisis / Natalie Zervou
- Dance of the Undead: The Wilis' Imperial Legacy / Rebecca Chaleff
- Disavowing Virtuosity, Performing Aspiration: Yve Laris Cohen, Narcissister, and John Jasperse's Choreographies of Anticlimax / Ariel Osterweis
- Do Iranian Dancers Need Saving? Savior Spectatorship and the Production of Iranian Dancing Bodies as "Objects of Rescue" / Heather Rastovac-Akbarzadeh
- Costuming Brownness in British South Asian Dance / Royona Mitra
- Intimating Race: Tao Ye's 4 and Methods for World Dance / Hentlye Yapp
- Locating Performance: Choe Seunghui's East Asian Modernism and the Case for Area Knowledge in Dance Studies / Emily E. Wilcox
- Toward a Critical Globalized Humanities: Dance Research in Mexico City at the CENIDID / Jose L. Reynoso.