Group Survival in the Ancient Mediterranean : Rethinking Material Conditions in the Landscape of Jews and Christians.
|Author / Creator:||Harland, Philip A.|
|Imprint:||London : Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 2020.|
|Description:||1 online resource ( 241 pages)|
|Subject:||Christianity -- Mediterranean Region -- Origin.|
Church history -- Primitive and early church, ca. 30-600.
Judaism -- Mediterranean Region -- History.
Biblical studies & exegesis.
Christianity -- Origin.
Church history -- Primitive and early church.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/12324753|
Table of Contents:
- Part 1: Accessing Resources
- 1) Benefaction
- 2) Fees, fines, and the common treasury
- 3) Collections and offerings
- Part 2: Managing Expenses
- Social, Religious, and Other
- 4) Meeting-places and building expenses
- 5) Social and religious expenses
- Part 3: Supporting Members
- 6) Burial
- 7) Mutual support and 'charity'
- Conclusion: Assessing the Survival of Christian Groups