Research literacies and writing pedagogies for masters and doctoral writers /
|Imprint:||Leiden ; Boston : Brill, |
|Description:||1 online resource (xx, 435 pages) : illustrations (some color)|
|Series:||Studies in writing ; volume 31|
Studies in writing ; v. 31.
LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES -- Composition & Creative Writing.
LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES -- Rhetoric.
REFERENCE -- Writing Skills.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/12017474|
Table of Contents:
- Setting the scene for twenty-first century researchers: Post/graduate research literacies and writing pedagogies / Cecile Badenhorst and Cally Guerin
- Publication literacies. Connecting the dots: writing a doctoral thesis by publication / Cally Guerin
- Writing for scholarly publication in a Canadian higher education context / Pejman Habibie
- Writing-for-publication: online pedagogy for post/graduate research writing / Natalia V. Smirnova
- Challenges for Brazilian post/graduate students writing in the academy: insights for future pedagogical interventions / Marilia Mendes Ferreira
- Writing and research identities. Exploring post/graduate writing practices, research literacies and writing identities / Amanda French
- "What feelings didn't I experience!": affect and identity in PhD writing / Agnes Bosanquet and Jayde Cahir
- Together and undone: motion, style and stance as post/graduate research literacies / Gretchen l. Dietz, Devon R. Kehler and K. Hyoejin Yoon
- Becoming a post/graduate writer in a social science discipline / Clare Furneaux
- Agency and articulation in doctoral writing: building the messy research journey into a well-constructed thesis / Gina Wisker
- Writing networks and exchanges. The symbolic economy of research literacies: the role of "writtenness" in the PhD thesis / Joan Turner
- Negotiating rich response networks and textual ownership in dissertation writing / Marcia Z. Buell
- Post/graduate feedback in second language writing: the feedback network on the dissertation proposal / Kyung Min Kim
- Writing beliefs and mentoring practices: adviser perspectives on post/graduate instruction in the sciences / Natalie Stillman-Webb
- Doctoral supervisors as learners and teachers of disciplinary writing / Michelle Maher and Brett H. Say
- Underground murmurs: disturbing supervisory practices of feedback / Sally S. Knowles
- Guide, companion, midwife: the writing advisor, the graduate student and relational pedagogy / Zinia Pritchard, Robert B. Desjardins and Stephen Kuntz
- Contact zones, boundary crossings and transitions
- Thinking through play: "visual" approaches to post/graduate research writing / Cecile Badenhorst, Cecilia Moloney, Janna Rosales and Jennifer Dyer
- Play and creativity in academic writing / Mary Davies Turner and John Turner
- Flexibility, hybridity and writing: theory and practice for developing post/graduate literacies / Tara Lockhart
- Post/graduate academic writing problems: a Pakistan case / Muhammad Ilyas Khan, Muhammad Iqbal Majoka and Shawana Fazal
- Teaching in the cloud: a virtualised collaborative writing methodology to support the development of postgraduate academic literacy / Nick Almond.