Apache Solr search patterns : leverage the power of Apache Solr to power up your business by navigating your users to their data quickly and efficiently /
|Author / Creator:||Kumar, Jayant, author.|
|Imprint:||Birmingham : Packt Publishing, 2015.|
|Description:||1 online resource : illustrations|
|Series:||Community experience distilled|
Community experience distilled.
|Subject:||Apache (Computer file : Apache Group)|
Apache (Computer file : Apache Group)
Search engines -- Programming.
COMPUTERS -- Web -- Search Engines.
Search engines -- Programming.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11907573|
Table of Contents:
- Cover; Copyright; Credits; About the Author; About the Reviewers; www.PacktPub.com; Table of Contents; Preface; Chapter 1: Solr Indexing Internals; The job site problem statement
- Solr indexing fundamentals; Working of analyzers, tokenizers and filters; Handling multilingual search; Measuring the quality of search results; The E-commerce problem statement; The job site problem statement; Challenges of large-scale indexing; Using multiple threads for indexing on Solr; Using Java binary format of data for indexing; Using the ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer class for indexing
- Solr configuration changes that can improve indexing performancePlanning your commit strategy; Using better hardware; Distributed indexing; The SolrCloud solution; Summary; Chapter 2: Customizing the Solr Scoring Algorithm; Relevance calculation; Building a custom scorer; Drawbacks of the TF-IDF model; The information gain model; Implementing the information gain model; Options to TF-IDF similarity; BM25 similarity; DFR similarity; Summary; Chapter 3: Solr Internals and Custom Queries; Working of a scorer on an inverted index; Working of OR and AND clauses; The eDisMax query parser
- Working of the eDisMax query parserThe minimum should match parameter; Working of filters; Using BRS queries instead of DisMax; Building custom query parser; Proximity search using SWAN queries; Creating a parboiled parser; Building a Solr plugin for SWAN queries; Integrating the SWAN plugin in Solr; Summary; Chapter 4: Solr for Big Data; Introduction to big data; Getting data points using facets; Field faceting; Query and range faceting; Radius faceting for location-based data; The geofilt filter; The bounding box filter; Rectangle filter; Distance function queries; Radius faceting
- Data analysis using pivot facetingGraphs for analytics; Getting started with Highcharts; Displaying Solr data using Highcharts; Summary; Chapter 5: Solr in E-commerce; Designing an e-commerce search; Handling unclean data; Handling variations in the product; Sorting; Problems and solutions of flash sale searches; Faceting with the option of multi-select; Faceting with hierarchical taxonomy; Faceting with size; Implementing semantic search; Optimizations; Summary; Chapter 6: Solr for Spatial Search; Features of spatial search; Java Topology Suite; Well-known Text; The Spatial4j library
- Lucene 4 spatial moduleSpatialRecursivePrefixTreeFieldType; BBoxField (to be introduced in Solr 4.10); Indexing for spatial search; Searching and filtering on a spatial index; The bbox query; Distance sort and relevancy boost; Advanced concepts; Quadtree; Indexing data; Searching data; Geohash; Summary; Chapter 7: Using Solr in an Advertising System; Ad system functionalities; Architecture of an ad distribution system; Requirements of an ad distribution system; Schema for a listing ad; Schema for targeted ads; Performance improvements; fieldCache; fieldValueCache; documentCache; filterCache