Feminist constitutionalism : global perspectives / edited by Beverley Baines, Daphne Barak-Erez, Tsvi Kahana ; foreword by Catharine A. MacKinnon.
Cambridge [U.K.] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, ©2012.|
1 online resource (xv, 477 pages) : illustrations|
Women's rights. |
LAW -- Jurisprudence.
LAW -- Gender & the Law.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Introduction. The idea and practice of feminist constitutionalism / Beverley Baines, Daphne Barak-Erez, and Tsvi Kahana
- The gendered division of household labor : an issue of constitutional rights / Jennifer Nedelsky
- Feminist fundamentalism and the constitutionlization of marriage / Mary Anne Case
- Abortion, dignity, and a capabilities approach / Rosalind Dixon and Martha C. Nussbaum
- Her-meneutics : feminism and interpretation / Daphne Barak-Erez
- Intuition and feminist constitutionalism / Suzanne B. Goldberg
- Women judges, "maiden speeches", and the High Court of Australia / Heather Roberts
- Will "watertight compartments" sink women's charter rights? : the need for a new theoretical approach to women's multiple rights claims under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms / Kerri A. Froc
- Constitutional adjudication and substantive gender equality in Hong Kong / Kelley Loper
- Gendered state and women's political leadership : explaining the American puzzle / Eileen McDonagh and Paula A. Monopoli
- On parity, interdependence, and women's democracy / Blanca Rodríguez-Ruiz and Ruth Rubio-Marín
- Women's involvement in international constitution-making / Elizabeth Katz
- Between constitutional jurisdiction and women's rights organizations : women, war, and the space of justice in Columbia / Carolina Vergel Tovar
- The promise of democratic constitutionalism : women, constitutional dialogue, and the Internet / Tsvi Kahana and Rachel Stephenson
- Pregnancy, equality, and U.S. constitutional law / Jennifer S. Hendricks
- Federal spending and compulsory maternity / Nicole Huberfeld
- Challenges for contemporary reproductive rights advocacy : the South African example / Rachel Rebouché
- Constitutional rights of women under customary law in Southern Africa : dominant interventions and "old pathways" / Chuma Himonga
- Minority women : a struggle for equal protection against domestic violence / Puja Kapai
- Watch GRACE crow : South African customary law and constitutional law in the equality garden / Jewel Amoah
- Critical multiculturalism / Vrinda Narain
- Democratic theory, feminist theory, and constitutionalism : the challenge of multiculturalism / Susan Williams
- Secular constitutionalism and Muslim women's rights : the Turkish headscarf controversy and its impact on the European Court of Human Rights / Hilal Elver
- On God, promises, and money : Islamic divorce at the crossroads of gender and the law / Pascale Fournier
- Polygamy and feminist constitutionalism / Beverley Baines.