Economic liberalism and its rivals : the formation of international institutions among the post-Soviet states /
|Author / Creator:||Darden, Keith A., 1970- author.|
|Imprint:||Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2009.|
|Description:||1 online resource (xi, 351 pages) : illustrations|
|Subject:||Liberalism -- Former Soviet republics.|
BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- International -- General.
BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- International -- Economics.
International economic relations.
Former Soviet republics -- Foreign economic relations.
Former Soviet republics -- Economic policy.
Soviet Union -- Former Soviet republics.
Voormalige communistische landen.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11814316|
Table of Contents:
- Theory and methodology
- A natural experiment
- A theory of international order
- Three international trajectories
- Liberalism and its rivals : history, typology, and measurement
- Contingent selection and systematic effects : country-level analyses of elite selection, ideational change, and institutional choice, 1991-2000
- The Baltic states and Moldova
- Russia, Belarus, and Ukraine
- The Caucasus
- Central Asia
- Comparing cases
- Alternative explanations and statistical tests
- Smoking guns : a causal history of institutional choice
- Conclusions and implications of the analysis
- Appendix A: Measurement and coding of economic ideas, additional tests
- Appendix B: Interviews conducted by author