Boilerplate : the foundation of market contracts / edited by Omri Ben-Shahar.
Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2007.|
1 online resource (xviii, 237 pages)|
Standardized terms of contract. |
LAW -- Liability.
LAW -- Contracts.
Standardized terms of contract.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- One-sided contracts in competitive consumer markets / Lucian A. Bebchuk and Richard A. Posner
- Cooperative negotiations in the shadow of boilerplate / Jason S. Johnston
- Boilerplate and economic power in auto manufacturing contracts / Omri Ben-Shahar and James J. White
- "Unfair" dispute resolution clauses : much ado about nothing? / Florencia Marotta-Wurgler
- The unconventional uses of transactions costs / David Gilo and Ariel Porat / Online boilerplate : would mandatory website disclosure of e-standard terms backfire? / Robert A. Hillman
- Pre-approved boilerplate / Clayton P. Gillette
- "Contracting" for credit / Ronald J. Mann
- The role of nonprofits in the production of boilerplate / Kevin E. Davis
- The boilerplate paradox / Douglas G. Baird
- Contract as statute / Stephen J. Choi and G. Mitu Gulati
- Modularity in contracts : boilerplate and information flow / Henry E. Smith
- Contra proferentum : the allure of ambiguous boilerplate / Michelle E. Boardman
- Boilerplate today : the rise of modularity and the waning of consent / Margaret Jane Radin
- The law and sociology of boilerplate / Todd J. Rakoff.