The pursuit of human well-being : the untold global history / Richard J. Estes, M. Joseph Sirgy, Editors.
Cham, Switzerland : Springer, |
xxxvi, 808 pages : illustrations (cheifly color), color maps, portraits (chiefly color) ; 27 cm.|
International handbooks of quality-of-life|
International handbooks of quality-of-life.
Quality of life.
Quality of life.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Part I. Historical Conceptions of Well-Being over the Long Term. The search for well-being: from ancient to modern times / Richard J. Estes
- Western historical traditions of well-being / Alex C. Michalos and Daniel Weijers
- East Asian historical traditions of well-being / Shawn Arthur and Victor H. Mair
- Well-being in India: a historical and anthropological report / Isabelle Clark-Decès and Frederick M. Smith
- Islamic conceptions of well-being / Mohsen Joshanloo
- Part II. Domains of Well-Being. How we measure well-being: the data behind the history of well-being / M. Joseph Sirgy, Richard J. Estes, and Audrey N. Selian
- Part III. Regional Analyses of the History and Contemporary State of Well-Being Since World War II. New beginnings in an ancient region: well-being in Sub-Saharan Africa / Valerie Møller and Benjamin Roberts
- Well-being in Latin America / Mariano Rojas and José de Jesús García Vega
- Well-being in Canada and the United States / Richard J. Estes, Kenneth C. Land, Alex C. Michalos, Rhonda Phillips, and M. Joseph Sirgy
- The history of well-being in East Asia: from global conflict to global leadership / Takashi Inoguchi and Richard J. Estes
- The history of well-being in South Asia / Vijay Kumar Shrotryia and Krishna Mazumdar
- The history of well-being in Southeast Asia / Mahar Mangahas and Edilberto C. De Jesus
- The history of well-being in Europe / Wolfgang Glatzer and Jürgen Kohl
- The history of well-being in Oceania / Robert A. Cummins and Tanja Capic
- Well-being in the transition economies of the successor states of the former Soviet Union: the challenges of change / Carol Graham and Aurite Werman
- The history of well-being in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) / Habib Tiliouine and Mohammed Meziane
- Well-being of circumpolar Arctic peoples: the quest for continuity / Birger Poppel
- Part IV. Special Issues Related to the Well-Being of Nations and Population Groups. The history of well-being and the global progress of women / Elizabeth Eckermann
- The role of technology in the history of well-being: transformative market phenomena over time / Audrey N. Selian and Lee McKnight
- Part V. Epilogue. The history of well-being in global perspective / Richard J. Estes and M. Joseph Sirgy.