Structural Dynamics : Theory and Computation.
The sixth edition of Structural Dynamics: Theory and Computation is the complete and comprehensive text in the field. It presents modern methods of analysis and techniques adaptable to computer programming clearly and easily. The book is ideal as a text for advanced undergraduates or graduate studen...
|Author / Creator:||Paz, Mario.|
|Imprint:||Cham : Springer International Publishing AG, 2018.|
|Description:||1 online resource (629 pages)|
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11746390|
- Intro; Preface to the Sixth Edition; Preface to the First Edition; Contents; Part I: Structures Modeled as a Single-Degree-of-Freedom System; 1: Undamped Single Degree-of-Freedom System; 1.1 Degrees of Freedom; 1.2 Undamped System; 1.3 Springs in Parallel or in Series; 1.4 Newtonś Law of Motion; 1.5 Free Body Diagram; 1.6 DÁlembertś Principle; 1.7 Solution of the Differential Equation of Motion; 1.8 Frequency and Period; 1.9 Amplitude of Motion; 1.10 Response of SDF Using MATLAB Program; 1.11 Summary; 1.12 Problems; 2: Damped Single Degree-of-Freedom System; 2.1 Viscous Damping
- 2.2 Equation of Motion2.3 Critically Damped System; 2.4 Overdamped System; 2.5 Underdamped System; 2.6 Logarithmic Decrement; 2.7 Response of SDF Using MATLAB Program; 2.8 Summary; 2.9 Problems; 3: Response of One-Degree-of-Freedom System to Harmonic Loading; 3.1 Harmonic Excitation: Undamped System; 3.2 Harmonic Excitation: Damped System; 3.3 Evaluation of Damping at Resonance; 3.4 Bandwidth Method (Half-Power) to Evaluate Damping; 3.5 Energy Dissipated by Viscous Damping; 3.6 Equivalent Viscous Damping; 3.7 Response to Support Motion; 3.7.1 Absolute Motion; 3.7.2 Relative Motion
- 3.8 Force Transmitted to the Foundation3.9 Seismic Instruments; 3.10 Response of One-Degree-of-Freedom System to Harmonic Loading Using MATLAB; 3.11 Summary; 3.12 Analytical Problem; 3.13 Problems; 4: Response to General Dynamic Loading; 4.1 Duhamelś Integral
- Undamped System; 4.1.1 Constant Force; 4.1.2 Rectangular Load; 4.1.3 Triangular Load; 4.2 Duhamelś Integral-Damped System; 4.3 Response by Direct Integration; 4.4 Solution of the Equation of Motion; 4.4 Box 4.1 Coefficients in Eqs. (4.34, 4.35 and 4.36).; 4.5 Summary; 4.6 Analytical Problems; 4.7 Problems; 5: Response Spectra
- 6.6 Elastoplastic Behavior6.7 Algorithm for Step-by-Step Solution for Elastoplastic Single-Degree-of-Freedom System; 6.8 Response for Elastoplastic Behavior Using MATLAB; 6.9 Summary; 6.10 Problems; Part II: Structures Modeled as Shear Buildings; 7: Free Vibration of a Shear Building; 7.1 Stiffness Equations for the Shear Building; 7.2 Natural Frequencies and Normal Modes; 7.3 Orthogonality Property of the Normal Modes; 7.4 Rayleighś Quotient; 7.5 Summary; 7.6 Problems; 8: Forced Motion of Shear Buildings; 8.1 Modal Superposition Method; 8.2 Response of a Shear Building to Base Motion