Bullying prevention and intervention at school : integrating theory and research into best practices /
|Imprint:||Cham : Springer, 2018.|
|Description:||1 online resource|
|Subject:||Bullying in schools -- Prevention.|
Bullying -- Prevention.
EDUCATION -- Administration -- General.
EDUCATION -- Organizations & Institutions.
Educational strategies & policy.
Child & developmental psychology.
Bullying in schools -- Prevention.
Bullying -- Prevention.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11745654|
Table of Contents:
- Intro; Preface; Acknowledgments; Contents; Contributors; About the Editor; Chapter 1: The State of Bullying in Schools; Introduction; Definition; Prevalence and Effect; Cost of Bullying; Prevention; Types of Intervention; School Rules and Behavior Management; Whole School and Ecological Approach; Supervision and School Staff; Evaluation; Conclusion; References; Chapter 2: Predictors of Bullying Behavior: An Adlerian Approach; Gaps in the Literature; Bullying; Cyberbullying; Literature Review; Family Factors; School Factors; Personal Factors; Substance Abuse Factors.
- Theoretical Framework of the StudyStudy Purpose; Research Question; Method; Dataset; Sampling; Participants; Instrumentation; Variables; Reliability; Validity; Data Analysis; Results; Preliminary Data Analysis; Secondary Analysis; Discussion; Adlerian Counseling Recommendations; References; Chapter 3: Bibliotherapy as a Strategy for Bullying Prevention; Bibliotherapy as a Strategy for Bullying Prevention; Theoretical Background of Bibliotherapy; Model Practice; Analysis of Results; Conclusions and Recommendations for Practical Application; References.
- Chapter 4: Coaching Teachers in Bullying Detection and InterventionCoaching Teachers in Detection and Intervention Related to Bullying; Background and Rationale for the Bullying Classroom Check-Up; Core Components of the Bullying Classroom Check-Up (BCCU); Development, Feasibility, and Acceptability of the BCCU; Conclusions and Implications; Appendix: Sample Bullying Bulletin; References; Chapter 5: Cyberbullying Prevention and Intervention: Promising Approaches and Recommendations for Further Evaluation; Cyberbullying Defined; Prevalence of Cyberbullying; Trends Over Time.
- Overlap with Traditional BullyingRisk and Protective Factors for Involvement in Cyberbullying; Possible Effects of Cyberbullying; Cyberbullying Prevention; Universal Bullying Prevention Programs Demonstrating Cyberbullying Outcomes; Cyberbullying Prevention Program Evaluation Outcomes; Prevention Programs Focusing on Both Bullying and Cyberbullying; Recommended Strategies for Cyberbullying Prevention; A Multitiered Approach; Staff Training and Intervention; Policies that Address Bullying/Cyberbullying; Parental Involvement; Efforts to Support Improved Family Functioning.
- Promising Approaches That Warrant Further AttentionConclusions; References; Chapter 6: "Coping with Bullying" Program in Greek Secondary Schools: An Evaluation; Introduction; Bullying Coping Strategies: Theoretical Background; The Program "Coping with Bullying at School"; Content and Objectives; Methodological Procedures for the Program's Adaptation for Use in Greek Schools; The Evaluation of the Program's Implementation in Greek High Schools; Research Aims and Questions; Methodology; Participants; Measurements; Data Collection Procedures and Analysis; Results; Descriptive Statistics.