Forensic Social Work, Second Edition : Psychosocial and Legal Issues Across Diverse Populations and Settings.
|Author / Creator||
Maschi, Tina, Dr., PhD, LCSW, ACSW.|
New York : Springer Publishing Company, 2017.|
1 online resource (559 pages)|
Social workers -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States.|
Evidence, Expert -- United States.
Social legislation -- United States.
BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- Infrastructure.
SOCIAL SCIENCE -- General.
Social workers -- Legal status, laws, etc.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Contributors; Chapter Authors; Voices From The Field Contributors; Preface; Goals of the Book; New to This Edition; Intended Audience; Organization and Content; Learning Tools; Instructor's Resources; Reference; Acknowledgments; Share Forensic Social Work: Psychosocial and Legal Issues Across Diverse Populations and Settings, Second Edition; Part I: A Human Rights and Social Justice Approach to Forensic Practice; Chapter 1: Conceptual and Historical Overview of Forensic Social Work.
- Section One: Central Concepts and Theme-Based Strategies in Forensic Social WorkSection Two: Definitions and Central Themes of Forensic Practice; Section Three: The History and Evolution of Forensic Social Work; Chapter 2: Life Course Systems Power Analysis: Understanding Health and Justice Disparities for Forensic Assessment and Intervention; Voices from the Field; Chapter 3: Human Rights: Some Implications for Social Work; Voices From the Field; Chapter 4: Social Work and the Law: An Overview of Ethics, Social Work, and Civil and Criminal Law; Voices From the Field.
- Part II: Systems of Care and Forensic PracticeChapter 5: Education, Social Work, and the Law; Voices From the Field; Chapter 6: Thinking Outside the Box: Tackling Health Inequities Through Forensic Social Work Practice; Voices From the Field; Chapter 7: Housing; Voices From the Field; Chapter 8: Employment at the Intersection of the Juvenile Justice System; Voices From the Field; Chapter 9: Families as a System in Forensic Practice; Voices From the Field; Chapter 10: Family and Social Services: Meeting Basic Human Needs of Income, Food, and Shelter; Voices From the Field.
- Voices From the FieldChapter 11: Child Welfare; Voices From the Field; Chapter 12: Domestic Violence; Voices From the Field; Chapter 13: Substance Use and Co-Occurring Psychiatric Disorders Treatment: Systems and Issues for Those in Jail, Prison, and on Parole; Voices From the Field; Chapter 14: Critical Issues, Trends, and Interventions in Juvenile Justice; Voices From the Field; Chapter 15: The Criminal Justice System: A History of Mass Incarceration With Implications for Forensic Social Work; Voices From the Field.
- Chapter 16: Adult Protective Services at the Intersection of Aging and DisabilityVoices From the Field; Chapter 17: Justice-Involved Veterans: Programs and Services; Voices From the Field; Chapter 18: The Immigrant Justice System; Background and Scope of the Problem; System and Population Overview; Current Practice, Policy, and Social Movement Trends and Debates; Core Roles and Functions of Forensic Social Work in This System; Relevant Theories or Frameworks; Conclusion; Additional Resources; References.