Technological innovation : generating economic results (2nd edition) /
|Imprint:||Bingley, UK : Emerald Group Publishing Limited : Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2016.|
|Description:||1 online resource.|
|Series:||Advances in the study of entrepreneurship, innovation and economic growth ; volume 26|
Advances in the study of entrepreneurship, innovation, and economic growth ; volume 26.
|Subject:||Technological innovations -- Economic aspects.|
Business enterprises -- Finance.
SOCIAL SCIENCE -- Essays.
SOCIAL SCIENCE -- Reference.
Business enterprises -- Finance.
Technological innovations -- Economic aspects.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11407757|
Table of Contents:
- Front Cover; Technological Innovation: Generating Economic Results (2nd Edition); Copyright Page; Contents; List of Contributors; Preface; Introduction; Section I: The Fundamentals of Technology Commercialization; Chapter 1 Appropriability Strategies to Capture Value from Innovation; Introduction; Appropriability Regime and Complementary Assets: The Teece Framework; Interaction between Appropriability Regime and Complementary Assets; Appropriability Regime, Complementary Assets, and Commercialization Strategies; Profiting from Innovation: Empirical Evidence.
- Degree of Appropriability and Inter-Industry Differences: Empirical EvidenceQuantifying the Returns Provided by Patent Strategies; The Two Faces of Appropriability: Protection versus Incentives; Conclusion; Notes; Acknowledgments; References; Chapter 2 Identifying and Evaluating Market Opportunities; Introduction; What is a "Market"?; Innovation, Technology, and Markets; Technology Push and Market Pull; New/Familiar Technologies and New/Familiar Markets; From Breakthroughs to Sustaining Innovation; Recognizing Opportunities; Evaluating Ideas; Market Analysis.
- The Five Forces that Drive Industry ProfitabilityPolitical, Economic, Social, Technological (PEST) Analysis; Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT); Case Studies; FloMera; Syzygy; Conclusion; Notes; Acknowledgments; References; Chapter 3 The Benefits and Liabilities of Multidisciplinary Commercialization Teams: How Professional Composition and Social Networks Influence Team Processes; Introduction; Team Composition; Professional Composition; Social Composition: Informal Ties outside the Team; Team Processes; Conflict; Identification.
- Cohesion: Informal Network Ties within the TeamCommunication
- Task-Focused Interaction; Conclusion; References; Section II: Legal and Regulatory Environments; Chapter 4 Introduction to Legal Means for Protecting Intellectual Property; Introduction; What is Intellectual Property?; Patents; Advantages and Disadvantages of Patents; International Considerations for Patents; Patents in the United States; Patents in Europe; Patents in Japan; Copyrights; Advantages and Disadvantages of Copyrights; International Considerations for Copyrights; Copyrights in the United States; Copyrights in Europe.
- Copyrights in JapanTrademarks; Advantages and Disadvantages of Trademarks; International Considerations for Trademarks; Trademarks in the United States; Trademarks in Europe; Trademarks in Japan; Trade Secrets; Advantages and Disadvantages of Trade Secrets; International Considerations for Trade Secrets; Trade Secrets in the United States; Trade Secrets in Europe; Trade Secrets in Japan; Designs; Advantages and Disadvantages of Design Protection; International Considerations for Designs; Designs in the United States; Designs in Europe; Designs in Japan.