Global entrepreneurship and development index 2017 /
|Author / Creator:||Ács, Zoltán J., author.|
|Imprint:||Cham : Springer, ©2017.|
|Description:||1 online resource|
|Series:||SpringerBriefs in economics.|
SpringerBriefs in economics.
|Subject:||Entrepreneurship -- Periodicals.|
Economic development -- Periodicals.
BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- Industrial Management.
BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- Management.
BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- Management Science.
BUSINESS & ECONOMICS -- Organizational Behavior.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11384092|
Table of Contents:
- About the Global Entrepreneurship and Development Institute; Foreword: A Compass for Strengthening Entrepreneurship Ecosystems; Preface; Contents; List of Tables; List of Figures; Chapter 1: Mapping the Global Entrepreneurial Ecosystem; 1.1 Introduction; 1.2 What Is Entrepreneurship?; 1.3 Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Elements; 1.4 The Global Entrepreneurship Ecosystem; 1.5 Agents; 1.6 Institutions; 1.7 The System; 1.8 Ecosystem Services; 1.9 Ecosystem Management; Chapter 2: Entrepreneurship and the Future of Global Prosperity; 2.1 Introduction; 2.2 The Global State of Entrepreneurship.
- 2.2.1 Top Ten Countries2.3 Regional Performance; 2.4 Biggest Gains; 2.5 Biggest Declines; 2.5.1 The Role of Entrepreneurship in Global Prosperity; 2.5.2 Does Entrepreneurship Make a Country Rich?; 2.5.3 Is Entrepreneurship Related to the Digital Ecosystem?; 2.5.4 Does This Relationship Vary Among the Sub-components of the Digital Entrepreneurship Ecosystem?; 184.108.40.206 Measures: Technology Availability and Absorption; 220.127.116.11 Measures: Business Freedom and ICT Laws; 18.104.22.168 Measures: e-Education; 22.214.171.124 Measures: Digital Startups and the Impact of ICT.
- Chapter 3: The Global Entrepreneurship and Development Index3.1 Introduction; 3.2 The S-Shaped Curve; 3.2.1 The 14 Pillars of an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem; 126.96.36.199 Entrepreneurial Attitudes Pillars; 188.8.131.52 Entrepreneurial Abilities Pillars; 184.108.40.206 Entrepreneurial Aspirations Pillars; 3.3 The Global Entrepreneurship and Development Index, 2017 Rankings; 3.4 The Ranking of the 3As; 3.4.1 Entrepreneurial Attitudes; 3.4.2 Entrepreneurial Abilities; 3.4.3 Entrepreneurial Aspirations; 3.5 Summaries and Conclusion; Chapter 4: Country and Country Group Performance; 4.1 Introduction.
- 4.2 Sub-Saharan Africa4.3 Middle East and North Africa (MENA); 4.4 Asia-Pacific; 4.5 Europe; 4.6 North America; 4.7 South and Central America and Caribbean; Chapter 5: Enhancing Entrepreneurial Ecosystems: A GEI Approach to Entrepreneurship Policy; 5.1 Introduction; 5.2 Entrepreneurial Ecosystems: Definitions and Policy Challenges; 5.3 Using the GEI to Facilitate Entrepreneurial Ecosystems; 5.4 GEI Approach for Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Policy Analysis; 5.5 Using the GEI Method for Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Policy Implementation; Chapter 6: Methodology and Data Description; 6.1 Introduction.
- 6.2 The Structure of the Index6.3 The Individual Variables and Dataset; 6.4 The Institutional Variables and Dataset; 6.5 Missing Variables and Data Imputations; 6.6 Calculating the Scores; 6.6.1 The Underlying Structure of the Data (Reflecting the Full 2006-2015 Dataset); 6.7 Summary; References.