Grammar for improving reading and writing in the secondary school /
This work is chiefly intended to help English teachers tackle an area of the new English programme that still causes anxiety, and about which a large proportion are still uncertain. The latest knowledge about grammar is treated as a central component of the meaning making process, in both reading an...
|Author / Creator:||Dean, Geoff.|
|Imprint:||London : David Fulton, 2003.|
|Description:||1 online resource (153 pages)|
|Subject:||English language -- Grammar -- Study and teaching (Secondary) -- Great Britain.|
LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES -- General.
English language -- Grammar -- Study and teaching (Secondary)
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11304192|
- 1. 'Grammar Wars': Grammar Teaching Since 1950
- 2. What Sort of Grammar Study Could Improve Language Use?
- 3. Creating a School Context for Language Teaching
- 4. An Outline of the Sorts of Grammar that Pupils and Their Teachers Need to Know
- 5. Using Grammar to Improve Reading
- 6. Using Grammar to Improve Writing.