The Chinese journalist : mediating information in the world's most populous country /
|Author / Creator:||Burgh, Hugo de, 1949-|
|Imprint:||London : RoutledgeCurzon, ©2003.|
|Description:||1 online resource (xiv, 248 pages)|
|Subject:||Journalism -- China -- History -- 20th century.|
LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES -- Journalism.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11299493|
Table of Contents:
- The inheritance
- Media characteristics
- The burden of the past I : from Yanan to the great proletarian Cultural Revolution
- The burden of the past II : from the Cultural Revolution to the Tiananmen massacre
- The political context for journalism today
- The patriot journalists
- The journalist as tribune
- Becoming a journalist
- Who do they think they are?
- Making news : a case study
- Conclusion : beliefs and practices, myths and realities.