Aquatic microbial ecology and biogeochemistry : a dual perspective /
|Imprint:||Switzerland : Springer, 2016.|
|Description:||1 online resource (xvii, 300 pages) : illustrations (some color)|
Hydrology & the hydrosphere.
Ecological science, the Biosphere.
SCIENCE -- Life Sciences -- Biology.
SCIENCE -- Life Sciences -- Microbiology.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11265020|
Table of Contents:
- Preface: Building on a history of dual careers in the sciences
- Phagotrophic protists: Central roles in microbial food web
- Drivers that structure biodiversity in the plankton
- The round, the elogated and the stout: selective pressure for phytoplankton shape
- Crossing the freshwater/saline barrier: A phylogenetic analysis of bacteria inhabiting both freshwater and marine ecosystems
- Approaches and challenges for linking marine biogeochemical models with the "omics" revolution
- Out of Africa and into stoichiometry
- Exploring the implications of the stoichiometric modulation of planktonic predation
- On saturating response curves from the dual perspectives of photosynthesis and nitrogen metabolism
- Nitrate reductase: a nexus of disciplines, organisms and metabolism
- The ammonium paradox of a high-nutrient low-growth estuary
- Why is planktonic nitrogen fixation so rare in coastal marine ecosystems? Insights from a cross-systems approach
- Where light and nutrients collide: The global distribution and activity of subsurface chlorophyll maximum layers
- An ecosystem in transition: the emergence of mixotrophy in the Arabian Sea
- The Saint Lawrence Island polynya: A 25-year evaluation of an analogue for climate change in polar regions
- Ecological processes and nutrient transfers from land to sea: a 25 year perspective on research and management of the Seine River
- Historical perspectives on water quality and biogeochemical cycling in Pensacola Bay, FL, USA
- Meeting in the middle: on the interactions between microalgae and their predators or zooplankton and their food
- Lake transparency: a window into decadal variations in dissolved organic carbon concentrations in Maine's Mount Desert Island lakes
- Phytoplankton biodiversity in the oligotrophic northwestern Sargasso Sea
- Biological oceanography of the Gulf of Carpentaria: A review
- Discerning the causes of toxic cyanobacteria (Lyngbya majuscula) blooms in Moreton Bay, Australia
- Copepod, ctenophore, and schyphomedusae control in structuring the Chesapeake Bay summer mesohaline planktonic food web
- Microbiogeochemical ecophysiology of freshwater hydrothermal vents in Mary Bay Canyon, Yellowstone Lake, Yellowstone National Park WY. .