Hyperthermic oncology from bench to bedside /
|Imprint:||Singapore : Springer, 2016.|
|Description:||1 online resource (x, 444 pages) : illustrations (some color)|
|Subject:||Cancer -- Thermotherapy.|
Heat -- Physiological effect.
Neoplasms -- therapy.
HEALTH & FITNESS -- Diseases -- General.
MEDICAL -- Clinical Medicine.
MEDICAL -- Diseases.
MEDICAL -- Evidence-Based Medicine.
MEDICAL -- Internal Medicine.
Cancer -- Thermotherapy.
Heat -- Physiological effect.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11263571|
Table of Contents:
- Part I. Basic Science in Cultured Cells
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Induction of oxidative stress by hyperthermia and enhancement of hyperthermia-induced apoptosis by oxidative stress modification
- 3. Molecular Damage: Hyperthermia Alone
- 4. Roles of HSF1 and Heat Shock Proteins in Cancer
- 5. Cellular Responses in Signal Transduction Pathways Induced by Hyperthermia
- 6. Cell cycle responses to hyperthermia
- 7. Thermo-tolerance
- 8. Enhancement of Hyperthermia on Radio-sensitivity
- 9. Inhibition of DNA repair system activity
- 10. Enhancement of Hyperthermia on Anti-tumor Drug Sensitivity
- 11. Inhibition of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT) by hyperthermia
- Part II. Basic Science in Whole Body
- 12. Potentiating Immune System by Hyperthermia
- 13. Magnetic Nanoparticle-Mediated Hyperthermia and Induction of Anti-Tumor Immune Responses
- 14. Tumor Microenvironment and Hyperthermia Part III. Clinical Science in Cancer Patients.
- 15. Hyperthermia Alone
- 16.Combination by Hyperthermia and Radiation (and Chemotherapy): Oral and Maxillofacial Cancer
- 17.Combination by Hyperthermia and Radiation (and Chemotherapy): Lung Cancer
- 18. Efficacy of hyperthermia in combination with radiation therapy for breast cancer
- 19.Combination by Hyperthermia and Radiation: Esophageal Cancer
- 20.Combination by Hyperthermia and Radiation (and Chemotherapy): Gynecology Cancer
- 21.Combination by Hyperthermia and Radiation and Chemotherapy: Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- 22.Combination by Hyperthermia and Chemotherapy: Lung Cancer
- 23. Combination by Hyperthermia and Chemotherapy: Breast Cancer
- 24.Combination by Hyperthermia and Chemotherapy: Esophageal Cancer
- 25.Combination by Hyperthermia and Chemotherapy: Liver Cancer
- 26. Hyperthermia Combined with Chemotherapy: Pancreatic Cancer
- 27. Effect of hyperthermia in combination with chemotherapy and radiation therapy for treatment of urological cancer (prostate cancer and urothelial cancer)
- 28.Combination by Hyperthermia and Surgery
- 29.Combining Hyperthermia and Immunotherapy: NK Therapy and Hyperthermia
- 30.Combination by Hyperthermia and Immunotherapy: DC Therapy and Hyperthermia
- 31. Effects of fever-range hyperthermia on T cell-mediated immunity: possible combination of hyperthermia and T cell-based cancer immunotherapy
- 32.Combination of Hyperthermia and Immunotherapy: Hyperthermia and Naive T-cell Therapy
- 33. HIPEC for Peritoneal Dissemination
- 34.A new comprehensive treatment for peritoneal metastases using cytoreductive surgery combined with hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemoperfusion
- 35. Non-invasive Temperature Moniterring
- 36. Development of Heating Device
- 37. Epilogue.