Engineering of chemical complexity /
|Imprint:||Singapore : World Scientific, ©2013.|
|Description:||1 online resource|
|Series:||World scientific lecture notes in complex systems ; vol. 11|
World Scientific lecture notes in complex systems ; v. 11.
SCIENCE -- Chemistry -- Industrial & Technical.
TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING -- Chemical & Biochemical.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11169911|
Table of Contents:
- 1. Analysis, design and control of complex chemical systems / Alexander S. Mikhailov and Gerhard Ertl
- 2. Imaging and manipulation of single molecules by scanning tunneling microscopy / Leonhard Grill
- 3. Self-organization at the nanoscale in far-from-equilibrium surface reactions and copolymerizations / Pierre Gaspard
- 4. Single molecule and collective dynamics of motor protein coupled with mechano-sensitive chemical reaction / Mitsuhiro Iwaki [and others]
- 5. Nanomotors propelled by chemical reactions / Raymond Kapral
- 6. Biology of nanobots / Wentao Duan, Ryan Pavlick and Ayusman Sen
- 7. Wave phenomena in reaction-diffusion systems / Oliver Steinbock and Harald Engel
- 8. Self-oscillating polymer gels as smart materials / Ryo Yoshida
- 9. Stochastic fluctuations and spontaneous symmetry breaking in the chemotaxis signaling system of dicyostelium cells / Tatsuo Shibata
- 10. Mechanochemical oattern formation in the polarization of the one-cell C. elegans embryo / Justin S. Bois and Stephan W. Grill
- 11. Synchronization of electrochemical oscillators / Mahesh Wickramasinghe and Istvan Z. Kiss
- 12. Turbulence and synchrony in spatially extended electrochemical oscillators / Vladimir Garcia-Morales and Katharina Krischer
- 13. Quorum sensing and synchronization in populations of coupled chemical oscillators / Annette F. Taylor, Mark R. Tinsley and Kenneth Showalter
- 14. Collective decision-making and oscillatory behaviors in cell populations / Koichi Fujimoto and Satoshi Sawai
- 15. Synchronization via hydrodynamic interactions / Franziska Kendelbacher and Holger Stark
- 16. Emergence and selection of biomodules: steps in the assembly of a protocell / Susanna C. Manrubia and Carlos Briones
- 17. From catalytic reaction networks to protocells / Kunihiko Kaneko
- 18. Constructive approach towards protocells / Tadashi Sugawara, Kensuke Kurihara and Kentaro Suzuki
- 19. Network reverse engineering approach in synthetic biology / Haoqian Zhang [and others].