Pussy Riot! : a punk prayer for freedom : letters from prison, songs, poems, and courtroom statements, plus tributes to the punk band that shook the world.
|Corporate author / creator:||Pussy Riot (Musical group)|
|Imprint:||New York : The Feminist Press at the City University of New York, 2012.|
|Description:||1 online resource|
|Subject:||Pussy Riot (Musical group) -- Political activity.|
Pussy Riot (Musical group) -- Trials, litigation, etc.
Pussy Riot (Musical group)
Artists -- Political activity -- Russia (Federation)
Art -- Political aspects -- Russia (Federation)
Art and society -- Russia (Federation)
Protest movements -- Russia (Federation)
Punk rock music -- Russia (Federation)
POETRY -- American -- General.
Art and society.
Art -- Political aspects.
Artists -- Political activity.
Punk rock music.
Trials, litigation, etc.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11164368|
Table of Contents:
- Virgin Mary, put Putin away (Punk prayer)
- Art or politics?
- Letter by Masha in prison
- Letters by Nadya in prison
- Death to prison, freedom to protest
- Letter to patriarch Kirill
- Letters to president Medvedev
- Putin has pissed himself
- Opening courtroom statement by Masha
- Opening courtroom statement by Nadya
- Raze the pavement
- Excerpts from the court transcript
- Closing statement by defense attorney Violetta Volkova
- Closing statement by defense attorney Mark Feygin
- Closing statement by defense attorney Nikolay Polozov
- Closing courtroom statement by Katya
- Closing courtroom statement by Nadya
- Closing courtroom statement by Masha
- Three poems by Masha
- Excerpts from the appeal statements
- Tributes to Pussy Riot. Yoko Ono ; Peaches and Simonne Jones ; Bianca Jagger ; Tobi Vail ; Johanna Fareman ; JD Samson ; Eileen Myles ; Justin Vivian Bond ; Barbara Browning ; Vivien Goldman ; Laurie Weeks ; Karen Finley.