HIV/AIDS and the security sector in Africa /
|Imprint:||New York : United Nations University Press, 2012.|
|Description:||1 online resource (xiv, 281 pages) : illustrations|
|Subject:||HIV infections -- Africa, Sub-Saharan.|
Security sector -- Africa, Sub-Saharan.
Soldiers -- Health and hygiene -- Africa, Sub-Saharan.
Police -- Health and hygiene -- Africa, Sub-Saharan.
HEALTH & FITNESS -- Diseases -- AIDS & HIV.
MEDICAL -- AIDS & HIV.
Police -- Health and hygiene.
Soldiers -- Health and hygiene.
Africa, Sub-Saharan -- Armed Forces.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11139041|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / Obijiofor Aginam, Martin R. Rupiya, Johanna Stratton and Andrea Ottina
- Understanding the dynamics of HIV/AIDS and the security sector in Africa: an overview / Obijiofor Aginam, Martin R. Rupiya, Johanna Stratton and Andrea Ottina
- HIV/AIDS and the military: national and sub-regional perspectives
- HIV/AIDS and the South African National Defence Force: anecdotal evidence from outside and within / Lindy Heinecken
- Policy, security and outcomes: HIV/AIDS and the Uganda People's Defence Forces / Charles Bakahumura
- The ECOWAS regional framework on HIV/AIDS and the military in West Africa / Ayodele Akenroye
- HIV and the military: a human rights impact assessment of Nigeria's armed forces HIV/AIDS control policy guidelines / Babafemi Odunsi
- Challenges to the regeneration of the armed forces: HIV/AIDS and its impact on the military life-cycle / Gerald Gwinji
- A civil society perspective on the Umbutfo Swaziland Defence Force policy responses to HIV/AIDS / Nathi Gumede
- HIV/AIDS and peacekeeping in Africa
- Culture and HIV/AIDS in African peacekeeping operations / Gwinyayi Albert Dzinesa
- The African Union and the HIV/AIDS crisis: harnessing alternative policy options / Olajide O. Akanji
- The Zambia Defence Force: considerations on peacekeeping and HIV/AIDS / Lawson F. Simapuka
- A disorderly resolution of an organized conflict: the military dimension and the spread of HIV/AIDS in Sierra Leone / Olubowale Josiah Opeyemi
- HIV/AIDS: perspectives on the police and prisons
- Policing against stigma and discrimination: HIV/AIDS in the Zambia Police Service / Charles M. Banda
- HIV/AIDS in Cameroon: the policy response of the police / Polycarp Ngufor Forkum
- Policy challenges on HIV/AIDS and prisons: towards a Southern African template / Martin R. Rupiya
- HIV/AIDS among Cameroonian prison staff: response to a deadly challenge / Tayou André Lucien
- HIV/AIDS: gender and other emerging issues
- HIV/AIDS and women in the Zimbabwe Defence Forces: a gender perspective / Getrude P.S. Mutasa
- Rape and HIV/AIDS as weapons of war: human rights and health issues in post-conflict societies / Obijiofor Aginam.