Assessing children's needs and circumstances : the impact of the assessment framework /
|Author / Creator:||Cleaver, Hedy.|
|Imprint:||London ; New York : Jessica Kingsley, 2004.|
|Description:||1 online resource (335 pages) : illustrations|
|Subject:||Child welfare -- Government policy -- Great Britain.|
Children with social disabilities -- Services for -- Great Britain.
Family social work -- Great Britain.
Child care -- Great Britain.
Child welfare workers -- Training of -- Great Britain.
POLITICAL SCIENCE -- Public Policy -- Social Services & Welfare.
POLITICAL SCIENCE -- Public Policy -- Social Security.
Child welfare -- Government policy.
Child welfare workers -- Training of.
Children with social disabilities -- Services for.
Family social work.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11130708|
Table of Contents:
- Introducing the study
- Involving families in the assessment process
- The experiences of social service managers and practitioners
- Inter-agency and inter-professional collaboration in assessments of children in need
- Referrals : findings from the audit
- Initial assessments : findings from the audit
- Core assessments : findings from the audit
- The cost of undertaking core assessments / Pamela Meadows
- Conclusions and implications for policy and practice.