Anthropology and the individual : a material culture perspective /
Anthropology is usually associated with the study of society, but the anthropologist must also understand people as individuals. This study demonstrates how methods of social analysis can be applied to the individual, while remaining entirely distinct from psychology and other perspectives on the pe...
|Imprint:||Oxford ; New York : Berg, 2009.|
|Description:||1 online resource (vi, 182 pages) : illustrations|
Social & cultural anthropology, ethnography.
PSYCHOLOGY -- Social Psychology.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11120235|
- Individuals and the aesthetic of order / Daniel Miller
- Trading in fake brands, self-creating as an individual / Magdalena Crăciun
- 'Making things come out' : design, originality and the individual in a Bògòlan artisan community / Bodil Birkebœk Olesen
- Building and ordering transnationalism : the 'Greek house' in Albania as a material process / Dimitris Dalakoglou
- The Christian and the taxi driver : poverty and aspiration in rural Jamaica / Daniel Miller
- How Madrid creates individuals / Marjorie Murray
- Aesthetics of the self : digital mediations / Heather A. Horst
- Unmaking family relationships : Belgrade mothers and their migrant children / Ivana Bajić-Hajduković
- Fashioning individuality and social connectivity among Yoruba women in London / Julie Botticello
- Creating order through struggle in revolutionary Cuba / Anna Pertierra
- Food, family, art and God : aesthetic authority in public life in Trinidad / Gabrielle Hosein.