The show and the gaze of theatre : a European perspective /
|Author / Creator:||Fischer-Lichte, Erika.|
|Imprint:||Iowa City : University of Iowa Press, ©1997.|
|Description:||1 online resource (x, 412 pages) : illustrations.|
|Series:||Studies in theatre history and culture|
Studies in theatre history and culture.
|Subject:||Theater -- Philosophy.|
Théâtre -- Philosophie.
PERFORMING ARTS -- Theater -- History & Criticism.
Theater -- Philosophy.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11108077|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: theatre studies from a European perspective
- Theatre and the civilizing process: an approach to the history of acting
- Discovering the spectator: changes to the paradigm of theatre in the twentieth century
- From theatre to theatricality: how to construct reality
- What are the rules of the game? Some remarks on the yellow jacket
- The aesthetics of disruption: German theatre in the age of the media
- In search of a new theatre: retheatricalization as productive reception of far eastern theatre
- Familiar and foreign theatres: the intercultural trend in contemporary theatre
- Changing theatrical codes: toward a semiotics of intercultural performance.