Essentials of clinical research /
|Imprint:||[New York] : Springer, |
|Description:||1 online resource (vi, 461 pages) : illustrations (some color)|
|Subject:||Clinical medicine -- Research.|
Clinical medicine -- Research.
Clinical Trials as Topic -- methods.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11085644|
Table of Contents:
- The Beginning
- Historical Aspects of Clinical Research, Clinical Research: Definitions, "Anatomy and Physiology," and the Quest for "Universal Truth"
- Introduction to Clinical Research Concepts, Essential Characteristics of Clinical Research, Overview of Clinical Research Study Designs
- A Focus on Clinical Trials
- Alternative Interventional Study Designs
- Phase 4 (Postmarketing) Research
- The Role of the USA Food and Drug Administration in Clinical Research
- The Placebo and Nocebo Effect
- Recruitment and Retention in Clinical Research
- Data Safety and Monitoring Boards (DSMBs)
- Meta-analysis, Evidence-Based Medicine, and Clinical Guidelines
- Research Methods for Genetic Studies
- Research Methods for Pharmacoepidemiology Studies
- Implementation Research: Beyond the Traditional Randomized Controlled Trial
- Research Methodology for Studies of Diagnostic Tests
- Statistical Power and Sample Size: Some Fundamentals for Clinician Researchers
- Association, Cause, and Correlation
- Bias, Confounding, and Effect Modification (Interaction)
- It's All About Uncertainty
- Grant and Manuscript Writing
- The Media and Clinical Research
- Mentoring and Advising
- Presentation Skills: How to Present Research Results.