Writing and publishing science research papers in English : a global perspective /
|Author / Creator:||Englander, Karen, author.|
|Imprint:||Dordrecht : Springer, [2013?]|
|Description:||1 online resource.|
|Series:||SpringerBriefs in education|
SpringerBriefs in education.
LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES -- Composition & Creative Writing.
LANGUAGE ARTS & DISCIPLINES -- Rhetoric.
REFERENCE -- Writing Skills.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11081088|
Table of Contents:
- The Rise of English as the Language of Science
- Measuring the Impact of Articles, Journals and Nations
- English Competence, Funds for Research, and Publishing Success
- Collaborations, Teams and Networks
- The Scientific Research Article and the Creation of Science
- Varieties of Science Texts
- Structure of the Research Article in the Creation of Knowledge
- Writing the Five Principal Sections: Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Results and Discussion
- Variations in Different Languages and Cultures
- Graduate Students Becoming Scientists
- Novice Scientists and Expert Scientists
- English-Speaking Scientists and Multilingual Scientists
- Gatekeepers, Guardians and Allies
- Afterword: Negotiating Research Article Writing and Publication.