Bryce DeWitt's lectures on gravitation /
|Author / Creator:||DeWitt, Bryce S. (Bryce Seligman), 1923-2004.|
|Imprint:||Heidelberg ; New York : Springer, ©2011.|
|Description:||1 online resource (xi, 287 pages) : illustrations.|
|Series:||Lecture notes in physics, 1616-6361 ; v. 826|
Lecture notes in physics ; 826.
Classical and Quantum Gravitation, Relativity Theory.
Mathematical Methods in Physics.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/11075743|
Table of Contents:
- Review of the uses of invariants in special relativity
- Accelerated motion in special relativity
- Realizations of continuous groups
- Riemannian manifolds
- The free particles. Geodesics
- Weak field approximation. Newton's theory
- Ensembles of particles
- Production of gravitational fields by matter
- Conservation laws
- Phenomenological description of a conservative continuous medium
- Solubility of the Einstein and matter equations
- Energy, momentum and stress in the gravitational field
- Measurement of asymptotic fields
- The electromagnetic field
- Gravitational waves
- Appendix A: Spinning bodies
- Appendix B: Weak field gravitational wave
- Appendix C: Stationary spherically (or rotationally) symmetric metric
- Appendix D: Kerr metric subcalculations
- Appendix E: Friedmann cosmology
- Appendix F: Dynamical equations and diffeomorphisms.