Contract drafting : powerful prose in transactional practice / Lenné Eidson Espenschied.
|Author / Creator||
Espenschied, Lenné Eidson, author.|
Chicago, Illinois : American Bar Association, ©2015.|
xx, 355 pages : illustrations, forms ; 23 cm|
Contracts -- United States -- Language.|
Contracts -- Language.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Drafting in transactional practice
- Draft to fit the transaction
- Components of a contract
- Understand the transaction
- Avoid ambiguity
- Focus on word selection
- Use words consistently
- Focus on sentence structure
- Identify common sources of syntactic ambiguity
- Start from a winning position
- Eliminate contextual ambiguity
- Consider these issues
- Edit or review effectively.