The illustrated catalogue of the Universal Exhibition /
|Meeting name:||Exposition universelle de 1878 (Paris, France)|
|Imprint:||London ; New York : Virtue and Company, |
|Description:||1 online resource (xii, 331 pages, 11 unnumbered leaves of plates) : illustrations.|
|Series:||Smithsonian collections online : world's fairs and expositions : visions of tomorrow|
Smithsonian collections online : world's fairs and expositions : visions of tomorrow.
|Subject:||Exposition universelle de 1878 -- (Paris, France)|
Exposition universelle de 1867 à Paris.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/10521811|
Table of Contents:
- General introduction, by the Rev. Charles Boutell.
- Domestic and decorative, by George Wallis.
- Lace and embroidery, by Mrs. Bury Palliser.
- Adaptations from the antique, by the Rev. Charles Boutell.
- Art materials and products in clay, stone, marbles, etc., by Prof. D.T. Ansted.
- Furniture, by J. Beavington Atkinson.
- Textile fabrics, by Mrs. Bury Palliser.
- Goldsmith's work, silver, and jewellery, by Hain Friswell.
- Porcelain and pottery, by James Dafforne.
- Bronzes and bronze imitations, by George Wallis.