Afterlives of romantic intermediality : the intersection of visual, aural, and verbal frontiers / edited by Leena Eilittä and Catherine Riccio-Berry.
Lanham : Lexington Books, |
xviii, 288 pages ; 24 cm|
Romanticism -- Influence -- Congresses.|
Intermediality -- Congresses.
Arts, Modern -- Congresses.
BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Literary
Art and literature.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / Leena H. Eilittä
- Part I. Intermediality in the Romantic arts and philosophy. Loss of presentiveness
- and poetical explanations : linguisitic iconicity in poetry by Tieck and Eichendorff / Norman Kasper
- Externalizing the picture frame : Keats's Negative capability and the uses of Ekphrasis / Klara Franz
- "Meteoric and solar light" : visuality as formal principle in Franz Liszt's The battle of the Huns / Arne Stollberg
- Mediality and intermediality in Friedrich Schlegel's early romantic thought / Asko Nivala
- Aesthetic unity and the politics of sameness in Clemens Brentano's theoretical writings / Mattias Pirholt
- Part II, Afterlives of Romantic intermediality. Video-installations as poems : romantic legacies / Antonio J. Jimenez-Munoz
- With Hoffmann at the movies : intermedial poetics and narration in early German cinema / Sabine Müller
- Gothic ruins, aesthetics of fragmentation, and identity in crises in rubble films / Martina Moeller
- "Intermediality" as an aesthetic program : Gustav Mahler's Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen as a post-Romantic response to Wilhelm Müller's Winterreise and Die schöne Müllerin / Tobias Herman
- The role of synesthesia in the Paragone of Bauhaus / Karl Schawelka
- Desire, Ekphrasis, and the language of early films in Spanish American Modernista travel texts / Jacinto Fombona
- Haunting of Ekphrasis : the river plate romantics read Byron / James Cisneros.