Students, teachers, and leaders addressing bullying in schools /
|Imprint:||Rotterdam ; Boston : Sense Publishers, |
|Description:||xxiii, 318 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Subject:||Bullying in schools -- United States.|
Bullying in schools.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/10394749|
Table of Contents:
- Foreword / Michele Josue
- Uncomfortable Truths: An Introduction to Bullying in U.S. Schools / Christa Boske and Azadeh Osanloo
- Bullied: What's Going on? / Christa Boske
- What Are You? : The Hidden Curriculum and Microaggressions Associated with What It Means to Be "Different" / Azadeh Osanloo
- Part 1, Voices from Youth in Schools. A Young Man's Journey / Chris Board ; You Are Worth It / Emily Wirth ; Does It Really Matter If Nobody Is Around? / Goldiea Shaw ; I Was the Shy and Awkward Girl / Mariyah ; I'm a Little Bit Darker / Devin Jontez McMiller ; How Do You Feel about Bullying in Schools? / Anthony Bias ; Standing up to the Popular Girl / Leah Bailey ; School Violence / Edward Valentin ; Being "White" / Aajah Chapman ; What Makes Me Beautiful / Erica Howard ; Learning to Love One Another / Angely Boske ; T.H.I.N.K. / Kiara Kane ; You Just Get Used to It / Destiny Puffenbarger
- Part 2, Voices from Concerned Families and Community Members. Becoming Mrs. Baker / Brad Sinick ; Dyke, Dyke, Dyke! / Jennifer Turley ; Something Soft / Jonathan W. Gill ; Chaos and Order / Kim Mosyjowski and Joan Mosyjowski ; Bullied at the Intersection : Growing up Gay in the Black Church and Rural Ohio / Dwayne Steward ; Masculine of Center / Logan Sherman ; I Was Prime Pickn' / Bradley Rhodes ; Bullies in Diapers : Techniques to Extinguish Bullying Behaviors in Young Children / Mandy A. Cenker-Miller ; Bullying : The Synthetic Cool / Martinez E-B ; Katie / Katie Miller
- Part 3, Voices from Educators and Scholars in the Field. Bullying : Schoolhouse and Workforce Considerations for Students and Teachers / Bernard Oliver ; The Power to Move Others : Dancers Addressing Bullying / Kimberly Meredith ; Dare Greatly to Enhance Your School's Climate through Acceptance, Relational Trust, and Creating a Sense of Belonging / Ryan Schoenfeld and Jeff Dinse ; The Quiet Roar / Amanda Hudnall ; Looking to the Future-- Exploring the Need to Address Bullying in Higher Education / Laura Merry and Joanna Royce-Davis ; The Elephant in the School : Recognizing Bullying in Other Forms / Karen Andrus Tollafield ; First Things First : A Middle School Model of Comprehensive Supports / Darla Wagner ; A Case Study of the Gay-Straight Alliance's Presence at a Public Urban High School / Dickson S. Perey ; The Relation of Physical Discipline to Bullying Behaviors across Different Families and Ethnicities / Yoona Lee, Malcolm W. Watson and Ki-Hak Lee ; Addressing Bad Behavior with Good Science : Research Implications for School Policies and Intervention Programs / Michael J. Sheehan ; Bridge Building : Promoting Culturally Responsive Practices and Policies to Address Bullying in K-12 Schools / Christa Boske ; Concluding Thoughts : President and CEO, Moving beyond Prejudice / Paul Saltzman.