Anthracite's demise and the post-coal economy of North Eastern Pennsylvania /
|Author / Creator:||Keil, Thomas J.|
|Imprint:||Bethlehem : Lehigh University Press, |
|Description:||xv,145 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Subject:||Anthracite coal industry -- Pennsylvania -- History.|
Anthracite coal mines and mining -- Pennsylvania -- History.
Anthracite coal industry.
Anthracite coal mines and mining.
Pennsylvania -- Economic conditions -- 19th century.
Pennsylvania -- Economic conditions -- 20th century.
|URL for this record:||http://pi.lib.uchicago.edu/1001/cat/bib/10300565|
Table of Contents:
- Map of Anthracite Coal Fields
- 1. A Brief History of Northeastern Pennsylvania's Early Settlement and Development
- 2. Bourgeois Class Formation in the Coalfields
- 3. Worker Rebellion and the Problems of Worker Solidarity
- 4. Industrial Unionism Reemerges in the Coalfields
- 5. The Post-1902 Strike Era
- 6. The Demise of Anthracite and the Rise of a Politically Organized Working Class
- 7. Subsequent Waves of Deindustrialization
- 8. Conclusions
- About the Authors