The power of legal project management : a practical handbook / Susan Raridon Lambreth, David A. Rueff, Jr.
|Author / Creator||
Lambreth, Susan Raridon, author.|
Chicago, Illinois : American Bar Association, Law Practice Division, |
xlviii, 523 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)|
Project management -- United States.|
Law offices -- United States.
Practice of law -- Economic aspects -- United States.
Lawyers -- Fees -- United States.
Attorney and client -- United States.
Attorney and client.
Lawyers -- Fees.
Practice of law -- Economic aspects.
|URL for this record||
Table of Contents:
- Current trends driving project management
- A short history of hourly billing by lawyers
- Introduction to legal project management
- Engaging with the client
- Planning the matter
- Budgeting for the matter
- From budgeting to pricing the matter
- Executing the matter
- Communication management
- Evaluating and closing the matter
- Satisfying ethical considerations and obligations through legal project management
- Lawyer personality traits and legal project management roles
- Using legal project management for competitive advantage
- The relationship between process improvement and legal project management
- The role of knowledge management in legal project management
- Aligning compensation to support legal project management
- Establishing a project management function in your legal organization
- Introduction to traditional and alternative project management methods